Benefits of Scrap Metal Software
Lets You Work More Effectively
Organizes Your Scrap Metal Recycling Operation
Integrates With Your Scales
Helps Meet Compliance Requirements
Provides Critical Business Insights
Seamlessly Connects With Accounting
Joshua Lohman, Executive Vice President
Key Features of Scrap Metal Software
Public Trade Tickets
- Provides intuitive, touchscreen retail recycling tickets that make it fast and easy to process material and disburse payments by cash, check and through ATM kiosk.
- Supports driver’s license, fingerprint scanning and digital signature capture.
- Integrates with IP cameras to capture scaled material and customer photos.
- Supports delayed payment on non-ferrous metals.
- Supports integration with Leads-Online.
Pricing & Orders
- Handles both spot and contract orders.
- Allows you to establish pricing with price lists, by location, product, weight and more.
- Supports index-formula pricing, provisional and fixed pricing models for scrap trading.
- Features “confirmed pricing workflow” to avoid settlements on unconfirmed prices.
- Provides a central dashboard to manage and edit pricing and view pricing history from one place.
- Shows real-time order status, budget to actual analysis, and more.
- Supports both serial (itemized) and bulk inventory models.
- Track material in real-time by warehouse, lot, raw/finished goods and more.
- Allows negative inventory positions and simplifies adjustments to match physicals.
- Custom barcode labels and scanning support improves identification and accuracy of material movements, pack and pick, stock identification and cycle counts.
- Values material with at a landed cost, capitalizing freight, storage & processing costs.
Material Grading & Processing
- Supports ferrous and non-ferrous metal types with user definable attributes.
- Supports production processes such as grinding, shredding, and more each with their own internal operating costs.
- Supports separate input jobs where material is weighed.
- Tracks production time, operators, waste and more.
- Tracks yield/loss and capitalizes all production and internal costs into material output.
Domestic Brokerage & Export
- Unique buy/sell brokerage form allows you to buy and sell in different weights, units of measure, currencies, product names, and more.
- Organizes financial and logistical data around each load, while attaching emails and documents in a single form, just like a file folder.
- Automatically matches expense accruals with revenue on a trade-by-trade basis to instantly determine gross profit.
- Built-in workflows manage and coordinate ocean booking requests and automate related tasks.
- Tracks activity, cutoff dates, rollovers, notifications, container allocations, fulfillment and more.
Reports & Inquiries
- Shows the projected profitability of every shipment.
- Generates all of the specialized, reports you need to manage daily activity and business performance.
- Advanced reports include: gross profit by customer, supplier, product and more, tonnage and pricing trends, order matching and fulfillment, settlement statements and more.
- Integrated Self-Service Portal provides your customers and supply chain partners with on-demand access and visibility to recovered material, shipments, pricing, payments and more.
Want to see a full list of features?
Download our scrap metal
recycling software brochure
cieTrade’s self-service portal gives customers and supply chain partners 24/7, on-demand access and visibility to recovered material, pricing, shipments, payments, documents and more.
ciePhoto replaces your existing digital camera and allows users to take photos of outbound export containers or to document quality issues on received loads.
Yes, cieTrade offers direct integration with floor, truck, and forklift scales to pull scaled material weights directly into the system. This feature only works with scales that have an IP Address. Please contact our sales team to learn more about our scale integration feature.
Yes, cieTrade’s scrap metal software supports direct integration with Leads-Online.
Yes, each public trade, receiving, converting and shipping ticket in cieTrade can be accessed at different scales using a drop down menu that allows you to choose from various scales that you have integrated with the system.
Yes, cieTrade has a warehouse module that can be used in warehouses (either privately owned or third party) by warehouse staff. It works seamlessly with your back office to unload inbound loads, process material and pack outbound shipments.
Interested in Learning More?
Learn how cieTrade can meet the unique needs of your trading or recycling business with an online demonstration tailored to your specific areas of interest.