Benefits of cieTrade's International Trade Software
Automates Your Entire Trading Cycle
Lets You Work More Effectively
Provides Critical Business Insights
It’s helped streamline operations, organize logistics, automate our export documentation and provided essential business intelligence to help navigate today’s export markets.
Jimmy Yang, CEO
Key Features of cieTrade's International Trade Software
- Built-in workflows manage and coordinate ocean booking requests and automate related tasks.
- Electronically submits Bill of Lading instructions directly to ocean carriers or provides notices to freight forwarders.
- Automatically produces supplier booking and shipping instructions. Controls allocations, monitors fulfillment and rollovers.
- Tracks cutoff dates and generates critical alerts.
- Easily captures, checks, and assigns container shipments.
- Container details can be easily uploaded directly from supplier spreadsheets or captured with specialized tools.
- Automatically checks for duplicate container numbers.
- Easily reassigns container shipments for missed cutoffs.
- Supports venture trading business and order matching.
- Handles trans-loading activities.
Order Management & Analysis
- Supports order planning and budgeting with internal interest and currency hedging.
- Analyzes planned vs. actual results on a per shipment and per order basis.
- Shows the projected profitability of every shipment.
- Provides specialized reports including booking assignments, order fulfillment, statistical data by account, product and market trading position and more.
- Automatically generates all of your specialized shipping and billing export documentation using fully customizable templates and digital signatures.
- Predefined document types include: packing lists, bills of lading, confirmations, freight and shipping instructions, commercial invoices, certificates, bank drafts and more.
- Document Event tracking helps you stay on top of shipping requirements and notifications.
- Improves organization and access to all third-party documents.
Gross Profit & Commissions
- Calculates the projected profitability of every international trade.
- Calculates profit at multiple levels including by customer, supplier, product, overseas agent and more.
- Generates commissions based on user-definable formulas and multiple payment methods.
- Supports internal interest calculations for cost of payment spreads.
Email & Photo Attachments
- Easily captures export container photos from email messages or web download for compliance and claims.
- Attaches copies of any external files such as PDFs, Microsoft Word, Excel documents and Microsoft Outlook email attachments directly to shipments and orders.
- Emails documentation, photos, and file attachments to your clients or trading partners directly from cieTrade in one click.
- Features optional photo capture mobile app to upload container photos directly into your cieTrade database.
Want to see a full list of features?
Download our international trade
management software brochure
cieTrade’s mobile reporting app provides sales reps and managers with real-time access to cieTrade account information and key management reports from the road or anywhere else.
Yes, cieTrade fully supports multi-currency trading with automatic currency exchange rates. We also support spot currency rates and currency contracts. Your database can be set up in your natural currency (usually the same as your accounting.)
Yes, cieTrade’s unique design makes it fast and easy for clients to record and attach container and material photos, external documents, and more to all of your orders and bookings. You can also quickly send those attachments with your digital packet of export documents to the Customer or Shipping line.
cieTrade offers a Microsoft Outlook Add-In tool that allows you to save email messages and attachments directly on worksheets. Saving attachments in cieTrade turns each Worksheet into a virtual file folder, making information easy to locate by all users.
Yes, cieTrade directly interfaces with terminals, ocean carriers, and customs.
cieTrade provides international exporters with various standard shipping and billing documents that can be generated in one click and custom branded with your company logo, digital signature, and more. Please contact our sales team if you require a custom company-specific document or report.
VGM certificates can be submitted by shippers using one of several methods: through the carrier’s website portal, via email message, electronically using EDI messaging, or through middleware platforms such as CargoSmart or INTTRA. cieTrade helps meets VGM requirements and avoid costly in-gate charges or rejections with seamless support and integration methods for these methods, making compliance as easy and efficient as possible.
Interested in Learning More?
Learn how cieTrade can meet the unique needs of your trading or recycling business with an online demonstration tailored to your specific areas of interest.